Applications for some FE colleges are handled by UCAS. For those that are not, applications can occasionally be made online, or forms can be downloaded from college websites. Most colleges will require some or all of the following:
- Details of who will be responsible for paying your fees.
- Evidence of your level of English.
- Two passport-sized colour photographs.
- Your passport number.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- you can usually enrol for a course at any time, but early application is recommended
- to allow sufficient time for your visa application to be processed
- that, if you are offered a place on a course, you must write and accept or decline the offer
- that a deposit will almost certainly be required
- when your application is accepted, you will receive a formal letter of acceptance, which you will need for visa purposes, known as the ‘Visa letter’ (see the student visas section for more).
Applying to independent boarding schools and colleges
Applying for undergraduate study
Applying for postgraduate study
UK student visas
Image credit: rawpixel